Projects In the Works...
1. Tennis All Stars for adults with Intellectual Disabilities in Greenwich, Ct. at the Greenwich Racquet Club with Tennis Pro Ricardo Leon and Special Educator Coach Bill.
Starting Spring 2019, Wednesday's, 2-3 pm.
2. 'Special Needs' Dad's Forum in additional cities and towns. Dad's with youth and adult children with special needs share, listen and are given perspectives, strategies and activities to practice with the goal of strengthening family cohesiveness and independence in their youth or adult offspring.
Second class starting time goal is Spring 2019
3. Arts & Music Night Events for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities. Fairfield & Westchester County. With Coach Bill as Concierge, a Sprinter Van vehicle private taxi driver picks up a group of 6-8 Adults with Intellectual Disabilities, takes them to dinner and an art/ music events. This can be done with different towns across both counties in Connecticut and New York.
4. Cerebral Palsy of Westchester Arts & Music Performance,Spring 2019. A performance is coalescing and is in process for parents with children at CPW.
5. (maybe) Stamford Scalzi Originals Skateboard School Spring 2019. An inclusive skateboard school for typical individuals and those with special needs.
6. Writing Class For Adults with Intellectual Disabilities.
Possible class setting in a cafe restaurant in Tribeca (Manhattan).
The Projects page represents current work and in-development initiatives for the community. If you would like to collaborate with an idea for the community, contact Special Educator Coach Bill and start a conversation.
1. October 19, 2018: Frederick Douglass and the 'Thought Amplification Machine'. At the EdgeHill Senior Living Community in Stamford, Ct.
2. December 20, 2018: The Women's Rights Movement: 150 Years of Five Dimensional Chess. At the EdgeHill Senior Living Community in Stamford, Ct. (canceled)
3. January 21, 2019: The Profession of King's Christianity. At the EdgeHill Senior Living Community in Stamford, Ct.
4. February 21, 2019: Building a Ecosystems to Strengthen and Sustain Community Health. For families with Individuals who have special needs, Educators, and related service professionals. At the main Greenwich Library in Greenwich, Ct. 6:30 pm 2nd floor.
1. Tea & Literature at Le Pain Quotidien in Rye, NY. AND Back Country Market in Greenwich, Ct. For adults with Intellectual Disabilities. Starting Wednesday, February 20, 2019, at 5:30 pm. Sign up through email at the 'Contact' page.
6. Punta Las Marias Park creation in San Juan, Puerto Rico. A social enterprise project to develop a skateboarding park, garden and fishing zone.
Current news 2/6/19:
As an extra, volunteer assignment,and through the auspices of a Spanish language class, Robinson School high school students will be initiating essay writing collaboration with Coach Bill of the Scalzi Originals.
Robinson School of Puerto Rico & the Scalzi Originals Foundation are collaborating on understanding the value and benefit that the Punta Las Marias project can have on the community. We are planning class discussion & writing on themes as Empathic Capitalism, Social Entrepreneurship, financial literacy, disruptive innovation, and finally, the practice of blog/ essay-writing project in the Spanish language.
The Governor and Mayor have been written a formal letter seeking their input into the formalization of a multi purpose skatepark, garden, and fishing area.
The local public safety municipal office in San Juan followed through on a Scalzi Originals Foundation request to consider the four parcels of Atlantic-Ocean adjacent land as not physically safe for community residents, due to old-construction iron rebar and walls that could fall. They filed the formal request, then looked into the matter last summer 2018 and concluded that the legally-contested land can enter a slow appropriation process by the city of San Juan.
Signature petition page:
Facebook page: Punta Las Marias Skatepark, San Juan, Puerto Rico
7. Rhythm and Movement with Coach Bill at 8 senior citizen assisted living communities across Fairfield County, Ct.
8. Executive Function Skills Coaching At Your Home/ community for youth, adults, and senior citizens with special needs. Can include Cognitive behavioral therapy/ executive function skills training/ fitness training, job coaching, writing and public speaking.
9.Rhythm and Movement with Coach Bill at Arc of Westchester.For adults with special needs, (Downs Syndrome, Intellectual Disability). Started October 25, 2018.
10. Lights for Scalzi: Initiative for Scalzi Skatepark in Stamford, Ct.; to organize community and work with the local government to place light posts at the skatepark for night time skateboarding.
Signature petition page:
Facebook page: ScalziOriginals.US